Talk to Us About Long-Term Care Insurance
If you or a loved-one are in your 50s or 60s, you may want to learn more about long-term care insurance. This is a good place to start, but for information tailored to your specific needs, speak with a Aines, Carter & Associates agent. Our agents know what questions to ask, and can help you choose insurance that meets your needs.
Is Long-Term Care Insurance Right for You?
If you become chronically ill – because of a cognitive impairment, or because you’re unable to perform at least two activities of daily living without substantial assistance – long-term care insurance could help pay for the care you need. Depending on the level of care required, it may be provided in a nursing home, and alternate care facility, or even at your home.
In addition to helping pay the costs of long-term care, long-term care insurance may help to provide these benefits:
- Protect your savings and other assets
- Preserve your independence
- Exercise your own choices
- Avoid government dependence
- Maintain a better quality of life
The Costs and Risks of Long-Term Care
- A nursing home stay costs an average of $87,000 per year according to a recent, national study, and this is just one of many costs associated with long-term care.*
- If you’re unable to pay for long-term care when you or a loved one needs it, you may need to spend down your assets to become eligible for Medicaid to pay the costs of care.
- 70% of those over 65 will need long-term care at some point in their lives.*
- 40% of all adults in the United States require long-term care before they reach the age of 65.*
* From the Genworth 2014 Cost of Care Survey, conducted by CareScout®, 2014.
Learn More About Long-Term Care Insurance
If you’d like to know more about long-term care insurance, what it costs, how it works, and to purchase a policy, please speak with a Aines, Carter & Associates agent. They can answer any questions you may have, and with more than 18,000 in the US, chances are there’s one nearby. You can also get a quote online.